- Hi Aman, can you tell us more about your role at Flagright?
I’m a software engineer at Flagright. I work on the product's console as well as the backend, and I also contribute to making sure it is reliable and efficient.
- Did you always want to be a software engineer? What's the story behind that?
I'd been interested in computers since I was a child, since I was two years old, haha, and I didn't know much back then other than playing games. So I decided to major in software engineering in high school when I got exposed to coding, and pursue it full-time as a career.
- How has balancing work and school been going?
It's been challenging, but I've enjoyed every minute of it. I'd gotten a time allowance from my school to be able to work since last year. So I spend roughly half of my time at school and the other half for Flagright.
- What do you enjoy doing when you're not working on the backend or console?
I used to play the tabla, but these days, in my free time, I just binge-watch some marvel or DC movie on Netflix, read books, or go out and have fun with my friends.
- With so many internship opportunities available, why did you choose to work for Flagright?
I once had a chance to work for a large corporation, but I didn't like it because I wouldn't have much independence. So I decided a startup was best for me, particularly Flagright, because I was intrigued by what we were going to build. Having complete information about what the team is building, as well as direct communication with the founders, was also one of the reasons I chose to work at Flagright.
- Tell us about something you learned while working at Flagright that has helped you improve personally.
During the last few months, I've learned a lot. I now feel a strong sense of ownership over my work. Flagright has also greatly aided me in improving my communication skills.
- What does a typical day of work for you look like?
I've first fully adjusted to Berlin time. I get up at noon or one o'clock in India time and have brunch. I then begin working, take a break after five or six hours, and continue working until late at night. Before going to bed, I unwind a little by watching a movie.
- Tell us what you enjoy best so far about your job at Flagright.
What i enjoy the most about Flagright is that i have fun! And fun for me is software engineering and coding, so working at Flagright is essentially fun for me.
- What are your thoughts on the compliance industry and Flagright's solution to the challenge?
It's been a learning experience for me because I was new to compliance and even finance when I started, and it's been enlightening to realize that many fintechs and neobanks haven't had access to solving their compliance challenges, primarily due to absurd costs and overbearing integration times, which is one of the many ways Flagright has been able to solve, as we only charge for what's used, which we even decided to make public, and our integration times take just about 3 to 10 days by evidence.